12 Angry Men - The Criterion Collection (Restored) [Blu-ray]
- Customer Reviews
SIDNEY LUMET’S UNPARALLELED TRIAL DRAMA STARRING HENRY FONDA
ONE OF THE TEN MOST POPULAR FILMS OF ALL TIME, ACCORDING TO IMDB.COM!
12 Angry Men, by SIDNEY LUMET (Network), may be the most radical big-screen courtroom drama in cinema history. A behind-closed-doors look at the American legal system as riveting as it is spare, the iconic adaptation of Reginald Rose’s teleplay stars HENRY FONDA (Young Mr. Lincoln) as the initially dissenting foreman on a jury of white men ready to pass judgment on a Puerto Rican teenager charged with murdering his father. What results is a saga of epic proportions that plays out in real time over ninety minutes in one sweltering room. Lumet’s electrifying snapshot of 1950s America on the verge of change is one of the great feature-film debuts.
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• New high-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
• Frank Schaffner’s 1955 television version, with an introduction by Ron Simon, director of the Paley Centre for Media Studies
• “12 Angry Men”: From Television to the Big Screen, a video essay by film scholar Vance Kapley comparing the Sidney Lumet and Schaffner versions
• Archival interviews with Lumet
• New interview about the director with writer Walter Bernstein
• New interview with Simon about television writer Reginald Rose
• New interview with cinematographer John Bailey in which he discusses cinematographer Boris Kaufman
• Tragedy in a Temporary Town (1956), a teleplay directed by Lumet and written by Rose
• Original theatrical trailer
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by writer and law professor Thane Rosenbaum
|Actor||George Voskovec, Edward Binns, Lee J. Cobb, Jack Warden, Robert Webber, Martin Balsam, E.G. Marshall, Ed Begley, Jack Klugman, Henry Fonda, John Fiedler, Joseph Sweeney|
|Based on||The play by Reginald Rose|
|Studio Description||Sony Pictures Home Ent.|
|Running Time (mins)||86|
|Extras||Language(s): English|Interactive Menu Booklet|Bonus Footage|Documentaries: ''12 Angry Men': From Television to the Big Screen'; 'Tragedy in a Temporary Town'|Interviews: Archival interviews with Sidney Lumet; Interview about the director with Walter Bernstein; Interview with Ron Simon about writer Reginald Rose; Interview with cinematographer John Bailey|Frank Schaffner's 1955 television version with introduction by Ron Simon|Trailers|
At Zoom.co.uk, we endeavour to dispatch all items for the UK ordered before 12:00 (Monday to Friday) within 24 hours. You can check the status of your order in your account (click here).
Delivery Options in the United Kingdom
Below we've listed the range of delivery options we have available for your order. Whichever you decide choose all depends on how long you think you can wait to get your hands on your home entertainment goodies.
- Your first option is free UK delivery via second class post. This option takes 3-5 working days once the product is dispatched from our warehouse
- 1st Class delivery is available at £1.25 per order. If you place your order before 12:00, it should only take 1-2 working days.
- And lastly, if you're feeling particularly eager to get your order as soon as possible, Next Business Day delivery is £5 per order. Again - provided the order is placed prior to 12:00. Please note that this service is only available Monday to Thursday. Any orders placed between 12:00 Thursday and 12:00 Friday will be delivered on the Monday following the weekend. Please note that any orders placed after 12:00 on a Friday will not be dispatched until the following Monday.
Delivery Outside of the United Kingdom
We ship almost our entire range of products to all countries in the European Union. The only exception to this, at the moment, is our hardware bundles. If you place an order for a hardware bundle for delivery outside of the UK your order will be cancelled. We're not being grouches, as they're such high value items we want to make sure that they're delivered in the most safest and most efficient way. We're working on a tracked postage solution for you and hope to resolve this as soon as possible, stay tuned!
For European Delivery, we can offer you a standard 3-6 day delivery window, starting from the very moment that the goods are dispatched.
Please note that all delivery times are subject to courier company.
|Location||Standard Cost||Number of Items||Estimated Delivery Time|
|European Union||£1.99||1 - 2 Units||3 - 6 Working Days|
|European Union||£2.99||3+ Units||
3 - 6 Working Days
European Union Countries Include:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia,Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany,Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta,Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Q: How do I select EU delivery?
Select the EU Delivery option when you get to the checkout. This will calculate the correct total for you - otherwise the extra EU postage fee will be added automatically after the checkout process is completed. Doing this will save you the surprise!
Q: Do you ship to outside the EU?
Currently, we do not ship to territories outside of the EU. We are looking into delivery options at the moment and hope to be able to deliver before the end of the year.
Q: How will I know when my order has been sent?
As soon as your order is despatched from our warehouse, you'll be sent an email just to confirm that it's on its journey to you (remember to check your spam if you've not ordered from us before). You can check the status of your order in your account by clicking here.
Q: Once my order has been dispatched, when will I receive it?
From the time you receive your dispatch confirmation email we would expect you to receive your order:
- For Free UK delivery 3-5 working days for deliveries within the UK once goods are despatched. If it does happen - on the off chance - to take any longer than this time period to reach you, Royal Mail policy requests we wait 10 working days to pass before classifying an item as "lost".
- 1st Class UK delivery (£1.25), 1-2 working days once goods are dispatched provided orders are placed prior to 12:00 (see above).
- Next Day UK delivery (£5), next day delivery as long as orders are placed by 12:00 Monday to Thursday only.
- Standard Delivery to all other European Union Countries should take 3-6 working days once goods are despatched provided orders are placed prior to 12:00.
Q: Do you charge for delivery?
Standard delivery within the UK is free, although we offer a range of delivery options at varying costs. Delivery to other countries in the European Union has delivery charges that are listed above (scroll up)
Q: What do I do if I have not received my order?
In the unfortunate and unlikely case that your order doesn't arrive within 10 working days - contact us straight away so that we can investigate further. Please note: if you do not receive your order and you do not notify us within 30 days after dispatch, we reserve the right not to refund or replace it.
Q: One of the items is missing from my order. What do I do?
Firstly, we're very sorry. Depending on stock levels, sometimes items that are purchased within the same order on the same day may arrive with you on different days, as we try and get parts of your order out as soon as possible. All items that should be in your package should be listed on your delivery note. If this does not match, please let us know straight away.
To give you some peace of mind, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know when each item is on its way. Pre-orders placed with other items will be despatched separately prior to release day.
Q: What happens if I am not at home to accept my delivery?
Due to the size of most of our products, usually they don't require you to be at home to take delivery as they will fit through your letterbox.
In the event that you have ordered products which will not fit through your letterbox, (and you aren't in to take delivery) then the postal service will follow their usual procedure. For UK orders this usually means a card is left to notify you of an attempted delivery and the item will be held at your local sorting office. For items attempted for delivery by a courier service they will also leave a card and allow you to arrange for redelivery or collection.
Q: Am I able to change the delivery address to something other than my registered PayPal address?
For the time being, we're unable to deliver your order to an alternative address - meaning all items will be posted to the address that's linked to your PayPal account.
Q: Do you deliver on Bank Holidays?
Bank Holidays are not classed as working days so we don't include these in our estimated delivery times. On these days, you can expect your delivery on the next working day following the Bank Holiday.
Here at Zoom we want you to be 100% happy with your purchase, meaning we'll do everything we possibly can to make sure you are. If you'd like to return a product to us, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Season’s Greetings! We’re getting into the Christmas Spirit here at Zoom, so we’ve decided to extend our returns policy for the 2018 festive period. We are happy to exchange and when necessary refund any products dispatched between 21st November 2018 to 24th December 2018 that are returned to us - providing they are in pristine unopened condition. To arrange your return, please see below for more help.
If you live within the UK are unhappy with your purchase you can return it to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you for a full refund*. (*If you are buying products from us in bulk to sell on for your own commercial purposes we reserve the right to refuse returns or issue a refund). Please note that DVDs and Blu-rays that have been opened or have had their shrink-wrap removed are not eligible for return.
PLEASE BE AWARE WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FROM EU COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE UK FOR GOODS NO LONGER REQUIRED IF THEY ARE NOT FAULTY UNLESS THE COST OF RETURN IS PAID FOR BY THE CUSTOMER RETURNING IT.
Q: I have received my item but I no longer require it?
If you're unhappy with your purchase you can return it to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you in order to get a full refund. Please note that DVDs and Blu-rays that have been opened or have had their shrink-wrap removed are not eligible for return. Clothing returns must be unworn and still have the tags attached.
Q: I have received an item that I didn’t order? What's going on!
Apologies, our mistake! You can return the item to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you for a full refund.
Q: I've received my item, but it's damaged/faulty. What do I do?
If your item has reached you in a damaged condition or is faulty in any way, then we'll endeavour to put this right as soon as possible. We can either by send out a replacement item to you or refund your account. If we ask that the item be returned to us, then Zoom.co.uk will (of course) pay for the cost of the return via a pre-paid label. In this highly unlikely event that your order is received damaged or faulty, all you need to do is contact us within 28 days of the item being dispatched to you and we will provide you with the relevant returns information
Q: How do I return an item?
To arrange a return, please just contact us and we will be more than happy to arrange this for you. All you need to tell us is which item you wish to return and the reason why. We'll then issue you with the Returns address - specific to that item - along with your unique Returns Authorisation (RA) number.
Q: When will I receive my refund/replacement?
We will process your refund/replacement as soon as your item is received back into our warehouse. Replacements are subject to availability and, if the replacement is not available a refund will be given instead.
Q: If I live outside the UK and have a faulty product can I return it?
Please email us at email@example.com to explain the issue. We can then sort out the best way we can offer you a replacement.
There are no recent reviews for this product