Bottle Rocket - The Criterion Collection (Restored) [Blu-ray]
RRP £27.99 £11.09
- Customer Reviews (1)
THE DEBUT FEATURE FROM WES ANDERSON, DIRECTOR OF RUSHMORE AND THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS!
Wes Anderson first illustrated his lovingly detailed, slightly surreal cinematic vision in this witty and warm portrait of three young middleclass misfits. Fresh out of a mental hospital, gentle Anthony (Luke Wilson) finds himself once again embroiled in the machinations of his best friend, elaborate schemer Dignan (Owen Wilson). With the aid of getaway driver Bob (Robert Musgrave), they develop a needlessly complex, mildly successful plan to rob a small bookstore—then go “on the lam.” Also featuring Lumi Cavazos as Inez, the South American housekeeper Anthony falls in love with, and James Caan as local thief extraordinaire Mr. Henry, Bottle Rocket is a charming, hilarious, affectionate look at the folly of dreamers. Shot against radiant southwestern backdrops, it’s the film that put Anderson and the Wilson brothers on the map.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• New, restored high-definition digital transfer supervised and approved by director Wes Anderson and director of photography Robert Yeoman
• Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 on Blu-ray)
• Commentary by director/co-writer Anderson and co-writer/star Owen Wilson
• The Making of “Bottle Rocket”: an original documentary by filmmaker Barry Braverman featuring Anderson, James L. Brooks, James Caan, Temple Nash Jr., Kumar Pallana, Polly Platt, Mark Mothersbaugh, Robert Musgrave, Richard Sakai, David and Sandy Wasco, Andrew, Luke, and Owen Wilson, and Robert Yeoman
• The original thirteen-minute black-and-white Bottle Rocket short film from 1992
• 11 deleted scenes
• Anamorphic screen test, storyboards, location photos, and behind-the-scenes photographs by Laura Wilson
• The Shafrazi Lectures, no. 1: Bottle Rocket
• PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by executive producer James L. Brooks, an appreciation by Martin Scorsese, and original artwork by Ian Dingman
|Actor||Lumi Cavazos, Luke Wilson, Jenni Tooley, Owen Wilson, James Caan, Robert Musgrave, Andrew Wilson|
|Studio Description||Sony Pictures Home Ent.|
|Running Time (mins)||91|
|Extras||Language(s): English|Interactive Menu|Dolby Digital 5.1, 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Bonus Footage|Commentary: Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson|Image Gallery|Making of Documentary|The original 13-minute black and white 'Bottle Rock' short (1992); 'Murita Cycles' short (1978); Anamorphic screen test; Storyboards; Location photos; Behind-the-scenes photographs by Laura ; Booklet featuring an essay by James L. Brooks|
Delivery Options in
the United Kingdom
Your delivery options vary, depending on what you’re ordering. Standard UK delivery is always FREE over £30. Delivery costs are calculated at basket. Your options are:
- Our standard delivery is via second class post. This option takes 3-5 working days once the product is despatched from our warehouse
- 1st Class delivery is available. If you place your order before 12:00, it should only take 1-2 working days.
- If you're feeling particularly eager to get your order as soon as possible, Next Business Day delivery is also available. Again - provided the order is placed prior to 12:00. Please note that this service is only available Monday to Thursday. Any orders placed between 12:00 Thursday and 12:00 Friday will be delivered on the Monday following the weekend.
- Lastly, please note, if the value of the items in your order when despatched exceeds £50 in value, we will upgrade your delivery to the next business day free of charge to allow you to track your order.
Please note that any orders placed after 12:00 on a Friday will not be despatched until the following Monday and therefore delivered on the Tuesday.
Delivery Outside of the United Kingdom
We ship almost our entire range of products to all countries in the European Union. The only exception to this is our hardware bundles. If you place an order for a hardware bundle for delivery outside of the UK your order will be cancelled. We're not being grouches, as they're such high value items we want to make sure that they're delivered in the most safest and most efficient way. We're working on a tracked postage solution for you and hope to resolve this as soon as possible, stay tuned!
For European Delivery, we can offer you a standard 3-6 day delivery window, starting from the very moment that the goods are despatched.
Please note that all delivery times are subject to courier company. European delivery rates will be calculated at basket depending on where you are and what you’re buying.
- For Standard UK delivery 3-5 working days for deliveries within the UK once goods are despatched. If it does happen - on the off chance - to take any longer than this time period to reach you, Royal Mail policy requests we wait 10 working days to pass before classifying an item as "lost".
- 1st Class UK delivery: 1-2 working days once goods are despatched provided orders are placed prior to 12:00 (see above).
- Next Day UK delivery: next day delivery as long as orders are placed by 12:00 Monday to Thursday only.
- Standard Delivery to all other European Union Countries should take 3-6 working days once goods are despatched provided orders are placed prior to 12:00.
To give you some peace of mind, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know when each item is on its way. Pre-orders placed with other items will be despatched separately prior to release day.
In the event that you have ordered products which will not fit through your letterbox, (and you aren't in to take delivery) then the postal service will follow their usual procedure. For UK orders this usually means a card is left to notify you of an attempted delivery and the item will be held at your local sorting office. For items attempted for delivery by a courier service they will also leave a card and allow you to arrange for redelivery or collection.
If you've got any more burning questions regarding our delivery options, you can contact our customer services at email@example.com. You'll be able to catch them Monday to Friday between the hours 8:30-17:30.
If you live within the UK are unhappy with your purchase you can return it to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you for a full refund*. (*If you are buying products from us in bulk to sell on for your own commercial purposes we
reserve the right to refuse returns or issue a refund). Please note that DVDs and Blu-rays that have been opened or have had their shrink-wrap removed are not eligible for return.
PLEASE BE AWARE WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FROM EU COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE UK FOR GOODS NO LONGER REQUIRED IF THEY ARE NOT FAULTY UNLESS THE COST OF RETURN IS PAID FOR BY THE CUSTOMER RETURNING IT.
Q | I have received my item but I no longer require it?
If you're unhappy with your purchase you can return it to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you in order to get a full refund. Please note that DVDs and Blu-rays that have been opened or have had their shrink-wrap removed are not eligible for return. Clothing returns must be unworn and still have the tags attached.
Q | I have received an item that I didn’t order? What's going on!
Apologies, our mistake! You can return the item to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you for a full refund.
Q | I've received my item, but it's damaged/faulty. What do I do?
If your item has reached you in a damaged condition or is faulty in any way, then we'll endeavour to put this right as soon as possible. We can either by send out a replacement item to you or refund your account. If we ask that the item be returned to us, then our lovely Customer Service team will proved you with the returns address and a unique Returns Aushorisation (RA) number. In this highly unlikely event that your order is received damaged or faulty, all you need to do is contact us within 28 days of the item being dispatched to you and we will provide you with the relevant returns information
Q | How do I return an item?
To arrange a return, please just contact us and we will be more than happy to arrange this for you. All you need to tell us is which item you wish to return and the reason why. We'll then issue you with the Returns address - specific to that item - along with your unique Returns Authorisation (RA) number.
Q | When will I receive my refund/replacement?
We will process your refund/replacement as soon as your item is received back into our warehouse. Replacements are subject to availability and, if the replacement is not available a refund will be given instead.
Q | If I live outside the UK and have a faulty product can I return it?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explain the issue. We can then sort out the best way we can offer you a replacement.
Here at Zoom we want you to be 100% happy with your purchase, meaning we'll do everything we possibly can to make sure you are. If you'd like to return a product to us, please email us directly at email@example.com