Doctor Who: The Enemy of the World (Special Edition) [DVD]
RRP £20.42 £10.99
- Customer Reviews (1)
Recovered and restored – a classic Patrick Troughton adventure!
The TARDIS lands on an Australian beach in the 21st century. But this is no seaside holiday - within minutes, the Doctor, Jamie and Victoria are under attack. They soon discover that the Doctor bears a startling resemblance to Leader Salamander, a would-be dictator intent on world domination. Before long, the Doctor and his companions are plunged into a dangerous game of intrigue and deceit as they face off against the enemy of the world...
Special Features: • Remastered episodes. Even though all episodes were restored in 2013 for the previous DVD release, Peter Crocker from the Restoration Team is using advances in technology since then to go over each one with a fine tooth comb to ensure they are now presented in the best possible quality for this special edition.
• “Treasures Lost and Found” - produced by Ed Stradling.
With so much information now available about every Dr Who serial, it's not easy to learn anything new, so Toby Hadoke embarks on an exciting treasure hunt to find out all he can about the production. Along the way he'll interview some of the cast and crew including Frazer Hines, Mary Peach and David Troughton - who made his first TV appearance in this serial as an extra.
• “Recovering the Past – The Search for The Enemy of the World” - produced by Paul Vanezis.
A brand new interview with the episode hunter Philip Morris, we hear how he tracked down the last surviving film copy of the serial to a dusty room in the African desert.
• “Remembering Deborah Watling” - produced by Cameron McEwan.
Family, friends and colleagues pay tribute to Debbie Watling who played Victoria Waterfield, companion to Patrick Troughton’s doctor.
• Audio commentaries on all six episodes produced by John Kelly. Contributors include Frazer Hines, Mary Peach, Gordon Faith, Milton Johns and Sylvia James. Moderator is Simon Harries.
• Production subtitles on all six episodes written by Martin Wiggins.
• Photo gallery produced by Derek Handley.
• Scripts of all six episodes as PDFs.
|Actor||Bill Kerr, Deborah Watling, Milton Johns, Mary Peach, Frazer Hines, George Pravda, Patrick Troughton, Colin Douglas, David Nettheim, Henry Stamper, Simon Cain, Rhys McConnochie|
|Studio Description||2 Entertain|
|Extras||Language(s): English|Subtitles: English|Interactive Menu Commentary: Audio commentaries|Remastered episodes: 'Treasures Lost and Found', 'Recovering the Past', 'Remembering Deborah Watling', PDF episode scripts|
Delivery Options in
the United Kingdom
Your delivery options vary, depending on what you’re ordering. Standard UK delivery is always FREE over £30. Delivery costs are calculated at basket. Your options are:
- Our standard delivery is via second class post. This option takes 3-5 working days once the product is despatched from our warehouse
- 1st Class delivery is available. If you place your order before 12:00, it should only take 1-2 working days.
- If you're feeling particularly eager to get your order as soon as possible, Next Business Day delivery is also available. Again - provided the order is placed prior to 12:00. Please note that this service is only available Monday to Thursday. Any orders placed between 12:00 Thursday and 12:00 Friday will be delivered on the Monday following the weekend.
- Lastly, please note, if the value of the items in your order when despatched exceeds £50 in value, we will upgrade your delivery to the next business day free of charge to allow you to track your order.
Please note that any orders placed after 12:00 on a Friday will not be despatched until the following Monday and therefore delivered on the Tuesday.
Delivery Outside of the United Kingdom
We ship almost our entire range of products to all countries in the European Union. The only exception to this is our hardware bundles. If you place an order for a hardware bundle for delivery outside of the UK your order will be cancelled. We're not being grouches, as they're such high value items we want to make sure that they're delivered in the most safest and most efficient way. We're working on a tracked postage solution for you and hope to resolve this as soon as possible, stay tuned!
For European Delivery, we can offer you a standard 3-6 day delivery window, starting from the very moment that the goods are despatched.
Please note that all delivery times are subject to courier company. European delivery rates will be calculated at basket depending on where you are and what you’re buying.
- For Standard UK delivery 3-5 working days for deliveries within the UK once goods are despatched. If it does happen - on the off chance - to take any longer than this time period to reach you, Royal Mail policy requests we wait 10 working days to pass before classifying an item as "lost".
- 1st Class UK delivery: 1-2 working days once goods are despatched provided orders are placed prior to 12:00 (see above).
- Next Day UK delivery: next day delivery as long as orders are placed by 12:00 Monday to Thursday only.
- Standard Delivery to all other European Union Countries should take 3-6 working days once goods are despatched provided orders are placed prior to 12:00.
To give you some peace of mind, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know when each item is on its way. Pre-orders placed with other items will be despatched separately prior to release day.
In the event that you have ordered products which will not fit through your letterbox, (and you aren't in to take delivery) then the postal service will follow their usual procedure. For UK orders this usually means a card is left to notify you of an attempted delivery and the item will be held at your local sorting office. For items attempted for delivery by a courier service they will also leave a card and allow you to arrange for redelivery or collection.
If you've got any more burning questions regarding our delivery options, you can contact our customer services at email@example.com. You'll be able to catch them Monday to Friday between the hours 8:30-17:30.
If you live within the UK are unhappy with your purchase you can return it to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you for a full refund*. (*If you are buying products from us in bulk to sell on for your own commercial purposes we
reserve the right to refuse returns or issue a refund). Please note that DVDs and Blu-rays that have been opened or have had their shrink-wrap removed are not eligible for return.
PLEASE BE AWARE WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FROM EU COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE UK FOR GOODS NO LONGER REQUIRED IF THEY ARE NOT FAULTY UNLESS THE COST OF RETURN IS PAID FOR BY THE CUSTOMER RETURNING IT.
Q | I have received my item but I no longer require it?
If you're unhappy with your purchase you can return it to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you in order to get a full refund. Please note that DVDs and Blu-rays that have been opened or have had their shrink-wrap removed are not eligible for return. Clothing returns must be unworn and still have the tags attached.
Q | I have received an item that I didn’t order? What's going on!
Apologies, our mistake! You can return the item to us within 28 days of the item being despatched to you for a full refund.
Q | I've received my item, but it's damaged/faulty. What do I do?
If your item has reached you in a damaged condition or is faulty in any way, then we'll endeavour to put this right as soon as possible. We can either by send out a replacement item to you or refund your account. If we ask that the item be returned to us, then our lovely Customer Service team will proved you with the returns address and a unique Returns Aushorisation (RA) number. In this highly unlikely event that your order is received damaged or faulty, all you need to do is contact us within 28 days of the item being dispatched to you and we will provide you with the relevant returns information
Q | How do I return an item?
To arrange a return, please just contact us and we will be more than happy to arrange this for you. All you need to tell us is which item you wish to return and the reason why. We'll then issue you with the Returns address - specific to that item - along with your unique Returns Authorisation (RA) number.
Q | When will I receive my refund/replacement?
We will process your refund/replacement as soon as your item is received back into our warehouse. Replacements are subject to availability and, if the replacement is not available a refund will be given instead.
Q | If I live outside the UK and have a faulty product can I return it?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explain the issue. We can then sort out the best way we can offer you a replacement.
Here at Zoom we want you to be 100% happy with your purchase, meaning we'll do everything we possibly can to make sure you are. If you'd like to return a product to us, please email us directly at email@example.com